9.02.2008

new release babble

i'm not saying that i'm the worlds biggest fan, and i'm not saying that i dont give a shit. what i am saying is that i'm excited for September 12th. yes, i've heard a lot of it, and no, i do not own anymore of it than i got from paying my metallica club dues. today they released the video for the first single. i got chills at one point of it about 2/3 of the way thru and you would have thought i was sitting on the bus, scrunched down with my headphones on listening to puppets back in the day. why the chills? i realized that even though im thirty-something, i'm still overly psyched to go to the record store, the day of release, and purchase the newly distributed album. i wish more people were the same way. sometimes the new technology we have available both amazes and pisses me off at the same time. everyone wants to be the first, everyone has to have it. i can see where the hunt of getting it first may be the same as my anticipation of the purchase... its probably the goody-goody in me, i dunno. (there was one release earlier this year that i was psyched to have and passed on when i got it – but have since deleted it and wont hear it again until i purchase it.... if it ever gets released. saying that, i guess i'm a bit of a goody-goody hypocrite.) i guess its just different ways of looking at things and levels of interpretation. enough soapboxing. just wanted to basically say that i'm excited for the album and disappointed in a lot of people.

-k.

2 comments:

Suz said...

I love the fact that you still stay true to your love of music and the whole experience of it all. I still owe you for opening my ears to all that was and is out there back in the day! And I think you are the world's biggest fan(:

Sinistas said...

Sorry I'm lame, but my will is bad!